Saturday, February 05, 2011

Enough about the rugrats!

I have been given the generous gift of a three-month sabbatical this summer, May-July. The family and I will be traveling around, visiting people we love. While we do this, I am going to be working on a photo project about people's hands, the Eucharist and how we respond tot he call to "be the hands of Christ" in the world.

I am also running the San Francisco Marathon on July 31.

What?!?

Back in October, I injured my knee. Not too bad, nothing to worry about, but I did have to take some time off of running. I just started back in the last couple of days (great timing, the weather has been atrocious) and so far, I feel pretty good. I've had two 30 minute runs. On one hand, I am so glad that I was able to do those two with no pain. On the other hand, I am so aware of how far I have to go. I've run a half before and that was a big milestone, but a marathon? I am terrified that I'm not going to make it and at the same time aware that I am so stubborn that I'll kill myself trying.

In another couple of months, I am going to start a sabbatical blog that will tell stories of our travels and will serve as a journal of my marathon training.

No comments: