Tuesday, July 28, 2009





One of the things I worried about when we found out that the new baby was a girl was whether or not the two would get along. My own brother and I weren't very close growing up (thankfully, he's turned out to be a stand-up kinda guy) and I hated the thought that my kids would have a tempestuous relationship, too. Now, I know there are still many years ahead of us, the teen years of special note, but as of yet, the two get along famously. Linden is a source of neverending delight to Eli (he calls her "my baby") and the reverse is true, too, as she smiles when she hears his voice and she loves to watch him play. You can almost see the little wheels in her head turning when she is watching him, trying to figure out how to do each thing that he does.

Eli has been acting larger-than-life recently, and with all the changes, it is no wonder he has been having a tough time. mostly, though, he is a trooper, and when he acts out, he is usually expressing outwardly what the rest of us are feeling: tired, cranky, uprooted and confused. He is such a great kid, so enthusiastic about everything and so hilariously energetic. Linden has a lot to learn from her big brother (and, I admit, a few things, I'd prefer she not learn...).

I took these one morning when we were all lounging in bed.

No comments: