Saturday, December 13, 2008




We spent Thanksgiving in the lap of country luxury. We went and visited David, Jaime and Hunter in rural Virginia. It is like being in a kid-friendly bed and breakfast when we go out there, right down to the fluffy bath towels.

Jaime did a great job with Thanksgiving dinner. She keeps insisting that everyone contributed but all I remember the rest of us doing is hovering around and sneaking bits of food from the dishes she worked so hard on. I wish I had taken a picture of the pumpkin pie. It was the largest pie I have ever seen in my life. Really, it was HUGE!

We spent one afternoon out "hiking" on the Virginia Creeper trail. I think we went the equivalent of 1/2 a city block, but we saw all sorts of things: ducks, rocks, geese, rocks, sticks, rocks, chickens, rocks, cows and rocks. Eli came back with his pants so full of rocks that they wouldn't stay up! Too bad stonewashed jeans went out in 1989 because that is what most of our laundry is like these days.

No comments: