Monday, August 18, 2008


In honor of my friend Laurel's new book Up and Down the Scratchy Mountains or in Search of a Suitable Princess, she has invited all of us (you and me and everyone out there) to give a brief story about what we would be unsuitable at doing and why.

In honor of my trip to the beautiful countryside of Abingdon, Virginia, to visit my in-laws and nephew Hunter, I have to confess that I am entirely unsuited for country life. It was incredible to get out to the AMAZING fresh air, cows, bike trails, etc, and so lovely to visit with David and Jaime and Hunter. I can't wait to go back! But I'm not good at quiet. And it was really really quiet. Truth is, as much as I love dirt, I also like concrete and next door neighbors and walking to restaurants. I like parks and zoos and aquariums. I like quiet for vacations and relaxing and rejuvenating. I like the other stuff for everyday life. Lucky for me, I have great family to visit in beautiful places like Abingdon and a life in a city to come home to!

No comments: