Friday, November 03, 2006

The big day has come and gone. I started back to work on Wednesday. That means that my maternity leave is over. That also means that Eli is SIX WEEKS OLD!

Back-To-Work-Day didn't go too smoothly. I couldn't access my work email account for the first half of the day, so I wasn't able to answer the 6 gazillion emails I knew were awaiting me. Frustrating. Eli didn't want to take a morning bottle from his dear patient daddy, even after we had practiced this a few times. So in the end, Eli came to work for a visit. After having some lunch, he hung out with all of the good people I work with and fun was had by all. In the afternoon, Eli did take a bottle from Dad, so all was not lost, but everyone was totally worn out by bedtime. There's a lot of learning in this baby stuff, both for us and for him. I'm sure we'll get the hang of all this eventually, but sometimes it seems along way off!

In other news, there is a new restaurant in the 'hood! Our friend Brian and friends-by-proxy sean and Eric have opened Solstice, a cafe and eatery on the Boulevard side of the park. We went to the fancy opening party and ate some great apps earlier in the week and then had lunch there today. Eli especially likes the art, since it is bright and stimulating. I, on the other hand, really dig the seared tuna sandwich--yum! Kevin likes the fact that they have good coffee and a quiet place to grade papers. The whole fam agrees that it is nice to have a family-friendly-yet-funky (no Chuck E Cheese here!) place to hang in the neighborhood.

No comments: